Thursday, October 11, 2012

Split, Croatia: Food

I had a short time in Split but I ate well with help from the receptionist at my hostel. She introduced me to ćevapčići. It's a Bosnian fast food but you can find it at every fast food stand. It's a fluffy pita bread filled with onions, beef sausage links, creme fresh or harrisa sauce. I had it twice. Simple cheap and good.
Another cheap option in Split is Fife. Simple dishes and good portions. I had the the grilled fresh fish with roasted vegetables. Here was a Japanese guy seated across from me I felt he was just thinking "What is this guy doing? Has he every eaten a fish before?". Let's just say I need to work on my filleting skills.
For breakfast I went to the green market and got a pastry with egg inside it and bought an apple from a fruit stand. I ate sitting on the palace ruins by the golden gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment