Monday, October 1, 2012

Berlin, Germany: Food

Can you say currywurst? It's phenomenon in Berlin and even has it's
own museum. I had my first currywurst at a cool stand under the
elevated train. You get a roll and some mustard with your wurst.
Interesting thing I found out in Madrid I can't eat mustard with whole
mustard seeds, they taste like I'm eating some kind of cleaning
product, not good. I also tried the bratwurst and they were both more
like the consistency of a hotdog rather than what our brats are like
and not as seasoned as I thought they'd be but still good. I should
also mention I didn't eat it all myself, my fellow French/Canadian
backpacker Laurie helped me out.
Kebabs, I can't help myself. There is a Kebab stand at Checkpoint
Charlie that I ate at twice. First time I had the standard in a pita
which was good and the second time I had the wrap where the wrap is a
pizza covered in spices, awesome!! My guide book recommended a Turkish
restaurant which was really good. I had the spiced lamb which came
with chard tomato, pepper and rice. I also had a glass of Turkish red
wine. Sorry no photos, I think my problem is I'm so hungry by the time
eat, I just devour it when it's placed. Probably one of the reason I
will never be food blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment